Monday, January 6, 2014

1280 x 720 {Resolution}

Hey guys!! How are ya’ll faring on? I hope you are fabulous. First post of 2014, who would have thought? And seeing that it is the beginning of the year, I thought I should share with you some of my new year’s resolutions :)




OK, I know some of you are not the biggest fans of resolutions but just hear mine out hehe. I always make some as every year starts even though I barely fulfill them all. I just think it’s a good thing to sorta set a goal of things you want to achieve because sometimes it is motivation for us to actually go out and do it.  Last year I had resolved to be a GSA, which did come to fruition yeey {see here}, to start wearing contacts {see here. PS, I got some new hazel ones for this year and my bff and I think they are just super gorgeous!!}, to buy a new phone {see here}, to start blogging {you are actually here hehe} among other personal things. I did fail at like a million other resolutions, but hey…better half a loaf!


My new baby...I call her lexxy. LOL

So this year, I wish to at least cover half the list. Let me share with you some of the resolutions that I plan to tackle. *Be kind as you read them, LOL*

Get Spiritually Reconnected
I, like many other people outchea (not all though), do believe in the existence of a greater power. For me, that is God. And there is a reason why this is my first resolution, because I know that for anything to succeed, I must put Him at the beginning of it all. There are times I forget to give Him the gratitude He deserves. Simple things like waking up in the morning are not a given right, they are a gift. So I plan on doing more of the basic things like thanking Him for a beautiful new day no matter how busy my schedule might be or how late in waking up I am and giving Him thanks for the fruitful day and peaceful night ahead no matter how sleepy I am or how interesting the late night chats with friends get!

Have An App In The App Store/Host My Website
Yes! 2014 is going to be the year I will put an app in the app store or host my website. If I manage to do both I will be super excited but in all honesty, even one will be a major milestone for me. Why am I saying this? I normally create apps or sites and I do have them on my laptop. But for some reason or another, I am just not content with how they look or function. Most of the time the problem is just user interface related {see here} while other times the app just crashes and even stack overflow can’t seem to comprehend your tribulations. And ya’ll know that that log cat can be incomprehensible at times. So what am I left to do?? I bin the whole project…Bad approach, I know. But then again… Ain’t nobady got the tahhhm. So I plan to change all this. Stick to my projects and have something awesome come out of it. Cause at least now I have a compatible android device to make work easier!



Participate More in Challenges, Competitions and Grants
I always tell people, “You never know where your luck lies.” I think it is high time I start drinking this wine I am preaching hehe! So whenever I can and if I do qualify for something I am not going to hesitate to send it out or to apply or to participate. I have witnessed so many people get into something by chance and ending up winning big and going to greater heights. There are so many such applications that I have sort of talked myself out of in the past couple of months for one reason or another. But my mum recently reminded me that one does not lose anything by trying but instead has all to gain. I am going to heed to those very wise words and who knows….

Be Physically Fit
I may have a petite frame but trust me I am one of the most unfit people I know! LOL, I always joke that I cannot work out to save my life. Just this past week, I did a couple of reps with some dumbbells and oh my word!! I could barely walk the following day. I even had to think twice before letting out a hearty laughter because God forbid my painful muscles moved an inch. I had to literally say “haha” if it was something hilariously funny! My thumbs and fingers however are fit. I text and type lot and my brother says I have thumbceps (thumb biceps) Haha! But I am going to flip the script this year. Ok, I will try. I cannot promise on the eating part ‘cause I love food and sweet things like cake. But what I am saying is, I will try and work out the sugar. My sister and I are interested in the hula-hoop exercise regimen. I was even out shopping for one with my bff the other day. Yezzurrr, we are serious like that! Keep your fingers crossed for us.

My bff doin' something artistic. LMAO

Trying out the hula

Drink Eight Glasses Of Water…
If you thought camels are the only animals that can go for days without drinking water, my dear, you are mistaken!! I do not like taking water unless it is like 100 degrees outside. Honestly I find the taste so meeeh! Tea, coffee and juice, yes but H2O NaH! ß See what I did there, Chemistry tingzz *oink oink* But water is really good for the body and this I know. I have struggled with trying to make my water sweet for the longest time now. If only they made cake water! I even get the prettiest bottles to hold it for me but all that is in vain. So far I only manage two glasses a day. So in addition to the physically fit note up there, I am really working at raising my glass count. It’s the only way I can be healthy. Plus it will help me with the resolution below as well.

Eight of these :-O

Hair Journey
I love my hair. So it is only right that I include it among my visions for this year. I talked a bit about it here. I had already started my journey towards the end of 2013 but I am still including it in 2014 because it has not yet gotten where it should. These things do take time so no need to rush. I went out and bought more good stuff for my hair (my previous stash was running terribly low) to keep me motivated with this journey. Or maybe I just love new stuff LOL! I am due for my next relaxer this week and I just can’t wait! Them braids are just a nuisance! Aaaargh! If you are on a hair journey of some sort as well, just remember to always love your hair…it will love you back. #TrueStory



The others that I would love to accomplish this year include:
  • Flying out of the country – I really want to travel out of the country. Oi! But I will give this one 2 years to mature, so it is also part of vision 2015 if it does not go down in the remaining 360 days
  • Design and sew my own clothes – I have always had a passion for fashion. My fire has been recently rekindled in some way and I am more than stoked! I will share with you something that I have been working on very soon. Hope you will like it…New York Fashion week perhaps??
  • Go out more - This will probably be among the resolutions that would not successful by the time the year ends but it doesn’t hurt to include it here hehe. I love the comforts that come with being indoors too much
  • Dress up more – To get a bit girly perhaps…high heeled shoes, skirts, handbags…Yaikes!!


I have so many resolutions; I don’t think I can be able to list them all on here. But if I fulfill it I will defo let you know. So what do you think about these ones so far? Are they doable or farfetched? And what are your 1024 x 720 for this year? Feel free to leave me a comment below cause I would love to know!

Thank you for taking your time to read through. You are much appreciated. Have an awesome Monday folks. No blues :)



Happy New Year

#happydays

No comments:

Post a Comment