Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Window Shopper

There comes a time in every person’s life when the things you currently own don’t work as they should. This therefore calls for some sort of replacement. I think I have reached such a point and I am talking of nothing other than my phone! Oh boy, if you saw what I am currently working with, your heart would just prompt you to either give me yours or organize a harambee (mass gathering of money for a good cause) for me! Yeah, it’s that bad!

I have had this phone for a couple of years now and I’m proud to say I bought it myself. Go #teamIndependent yeey! It was the in thing when I bought it. Yo, i mean it had the Bluetooth, the Camera and the memory card thing going on hehe. Ok, right now I know you can probably send phones to the market to buy stuff for you and they can even raise your kids but hey, just the Bluetooth was a big thing at that time! LOL

When my phone fell down for the first time

My phone right now is the true definition of started from the bottom and still being there. But nevertheless I got mad love for it. The first time it fell down, I almost cried! (Read…I cried) and it was my friend who did it. Tsk tsk, friends! 

But I can’t blame her too much though, she was checking out the Bluetooth thingy hehe. And since then it has fallen down an uncountable number of times, I got the crack on the screen to prove it. Also, the earphones died and I think the battery will soon follow. It's almost R.I.P time :(

Ze phone is almost heading here!


With that said, I’m on a mission to get me another phone! Before I usually make any purchases, especially with matters concerned with technology, gadgets or electronic stuff, I do a lot of market research. This prevents me from getting something expensive and later on regretting it. I can’t say the same for shoes and clothes though. Hehe, a lot of impulse buying goes on there. It took me a couple of months just to settle on this phone that I currently have. However, it only took me a couple of weeks to shop for my laptop, mainly because I needed it ASAP after the previous one was stolen. Damn thieves! And I am happy with all of my purchases. I love them to bits, they are my babies. I even named them :)

Meet Samsam (with a guitar sticker for the love of music)

Sorry Kyano, my phone, couldn't appear in any of the photos because she is actually the one taking the photos! She doubles as my camera too. Which also reminds me, i should get me a camera. But anyway, that's gonna be something for later. One step at a time.

So I already started the research for my next phone a couple of weeks ago, window shopping every time I get a chance and collecting those pamphlets. I have a number! 

The pamphlets. Hehe

And think shop owners are getting suspicious of me so I should be making my decision very soon. But I am happy to say, I am getting drawn to one specific phone! Drum rolls please…Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos


I was drawn to the San Francisco late last year but the stock ended the very same day I had gone to purchase it! I took it as a sign. Then I was drawn to the Google Nexus 4 after that but I wasn’t sold in Kenya. And I don’t know where to get it till now! I also like the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S4 Zoom but i love my kidneys even more (as that's what i'll need to sell on the black market in order to pay for it hehe) so i'll just stick to my lane!

The Nexus 4

Maybe the Grand Duos could be the one! I have started saving up for it and i hope i'll be able to get me one by the time its my birthday in September. Check out some of its features:
  • 8 GB Internal Memory expandable to 64 GB
  • 5 inch Capacitive Touchscreen
  • 8 MP Primary Camera and 2 MP Secondary Camera
  • 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
  • Dual Standby SIM
  • Powered by Android Version 4.1.2 Operating System (Jelly Bean)
Jelly Bean OS


What do you think about it? To buy or not to buy? Do you have any other suggestions that I should look at? Please let me know.

BTW, +wanjiru wainaina you wanted to see why i liked this phone, well there you go :)

Thank you for taking your time to read through this.
Have yourselves a fantabulous day :)

#happydays

No comments:

Post a Comment