Thursday, March 27, 2014

Map Your World {Part II}

Hey people! You good? Hehe, I was having a bit of a writers' block earlier this morning (I have been getting too many of those recently!!) but seeing that you are already reading this post, it means I managed to overcome it...Or at least I think I did!



This past Saturday was very eventful for me. I had the Google Mapping event and still had to attend to my girls in Mary Hill Girls' High School in the afternoon for the Technovation Challenge (See here, here and here). I really had to manage my time well so as to deliver on both ends.

This year's Map Your World event was not like the ones we were used to before. (See the previous one here). This time around, we were incorporating the use of pictures to map the places. The amazing Google application we used is called Photo Sphere which allows one to take 360 degree photographs. This means that one can view and freely explore through the entire scene of the picture. The possibilities with this app are endless. I was so excited to have it on my phone! I couldn't stop myself from taking photos. Read more about Photo Sphere here


Apart from that, the pictures taken by the app are easily shared on all social medias. The main purpose of this event was adding images to areas we had previously mapped around campus. We therefore went on photo walks capturing all our landmarks and adding them on Google Maps. Once the photo spheres are added there, people from all around the world can be able to view them. How cool is that!! You gotta try it for yourself to see :)


Despite being very dehydrated by the end of the photo walk, I had a lot of fun. I am always intrigued by beautiful places and nice looking features and Photo Sphere brought them to life!

The photo walk in the morning and application development with the girls in the afternoon is what made up my Saturday. I felt very fulfilled. Like superman somehow hehe. Looking forward to seeing what this weekend will bring.

Thank you for reading. Your audience is very much appreciated. The G|Days Kenya branding competition is still open. Do not hesitate to enter. See here for details on how to do just that!


Have a lovely afternoon

#happydays



No comments:

Post a Comment