Sunday, August 18, 2013

Suited Up

Hey people, how's the weekend going? Good, i hope :) 
What are you up to this Sunday? I have decided to relax today and catch up on a few series, before the start of another long week. However, i am still not settled on what to watch. Read on to understand why then help me out....

I don’t know if I am alone in this but whenever I start watching a series and it comes to its season finale, I usually feel like my life is coming to a season finale of its own. This is because I chose a specific family or set of people and I follow their lives through an entire 12 to 24 episodes. Then I get attached and start seeing myself as part of the whole thing.


The feeling is a little bit bearable when you know they are going to come back with a new season later on, so you just keep the faith and wait to hear the announcement of a season premiere. However, it’s more heart wrenching when they say goodbye for good! This happened to me with Prison Break (But that was understandable. Because just how many times will people escape from jail. It would have become too monotonous) 

Friends (If you never loved this comedy, then you definitely missed out on something! It was hilarious. Who can forget Joey Tribianni?)


Then there was the Desperate Housewives (LOL and LOL. Talk about drama) and not forgetting Brothers and Sisters also :)


However, there are those series that are just cut off from production! Most of the time the reason being, ‘they are not drawing in an audience’! Yet there you are there thinking “Hey, I was watching that!” This was the case with Big shots (Which was more like a male version of Desperate Housewives), Not forgetting Ten Things I Hate About You (Which two years down the line there is still no sign of a season two) and there was The Gates (Which had all sorts of wired people with secrets living behind one gated community) plus where did the Good Christian Belles go anyway? And I know there are so many others that have succumbed to such an untimely halt.


Then there are those series that I just wish were stopped altogether, hehe! Not to be mean or anything but something like Teen Wolf and The Secret Circle just don’t cut it for me. You just can’t watch The Vampire Diaries first then later watch Teen Wolf and The Secret Circle and appreciate them the way a series needs to be appreciated! Why am I saying this? Nowadays, there are so many productions about supernatural beings, vampires, wolves and witches. 


And if you are like me, you will find the two latter series a bit too mediocre and childish as compared to the other similar productions. First of all, I don’t even like how the wolves in teen wolf transform and appear. They make it look weirder than it should. And the spells in secret circle are not dramatic at all. It looks too scripted for my taste. That’s why I would much rather VD not only because of its nicely done script but also because the cast is well picked :) I mean, there is Damon (cough), Klaus (cough), Jeremy (cough), Taylor (cough) and the list could go on and on…



Anyway, onto matters at hand, Suits season 3 is back!! I just love this series. It’s not focussing on my profession though I wish it was. LOL, are there even Computer Science series out there really?? But I just like it. This series can make one want to be a lawyer! They look so good at it, plus the suits they wear, uh la la. So far, I think only 4 episodes are out but I can’t purchase just four episodes! There is the option of torrenting, but I am on such slow speed internet that it will take me infinity days to complete one download. What’s my next option? To wait it out till there is a substantial number of episodes so that I can purchase the DVD from my movie person. So until then, I’ll just stay suited up and keep my fingers crossed that I will not meet any spoilers as I wait. (Like the way someone I know spoiled for me the season finale of VD 4 ahem, ahem!!)



It has also come to my attention that it’s also the season premiere of Breaking Bad. I have the first season but I have never gotten around to watching it. 


Just the same way I have never gotten around to watching Scandal even though i have been having the entire season one for quite some time now. Which of the two should I watch when I have my free time as i wait for the likes of Arrow, Revenge, Vampire Diaries, Deception, The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother to resume their seasons? What are your suggestions?



Lovely afternoon folks :)

#happydays






No comments:

Post a Comment