Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just Checking In {Part II}

Hey guys,

It has been a while ey? But I hope that in that while you have been great! Well…I can’t complain either as this past week has been particularly kind to me unlike the other one where I got rained on and had a coders’ block for almost two days which might not seem like much until you realize certain deadlines have been pushed up. However, I managed to get everything done and I will hopefully share with ya’ll that bit of information soon.


In the spirit of the new month, I thought I should let you in on a few things that I have been up to. I will follow the trend that I used in this post, which was also borrowed from someone else’s post who in turn copied someone else. LOL, but that is the beauty of the internet :)

So here goes…

Learning: A lot from my internship on UX and UI at the iHub. I have always had a passion for designing flawless User Interfaces and User Experiences on apps so just learning how to do it on a professional level, step by baby step, is giving me such a high! It’s almost addictive!!

Developing: A place holder website for a client which will be up and running in the next few days. Then development on the actual site using some of the skills I have learnt will officially begin!

Crossing: My fingers and hoping for the best in some of the things that I have applied for and others that I am hoping to take a chance on! ‘The big break’ Anybody? Somebody?

Eating: So much cake you guys! So much! And I am talking about the really creamy kind. Uh, child…I got a sweet tooth and it’s never coming lose! Talk about being on cloud nine #LeSigh

Counting: Down the days to the end of this month. T minus almost 22 days #Excited

Wearing: Warm clothes all day every day. It’s freezing out here. Winter much…

Wondering: Who will win the World Cup. I had my money on three teams. Two of which were booted during the group stages. And my person couldn’t stop laughing at me! However, I still got one team going strong and if they play this right {Read: Continue throwing themselves mercilessly on the penalty box}, imma be the one laughing all the way to the bank or maybe just the next M-Pesa outlet but you get my drift. Right?

Watching: The Whole Truth. I have had this series on my HDD for the longest time now but I only just discovered it over the weekend. I watched one episode and I was hooked. Something about Jerry Bruckheimer productions! Man, if you are not his fan, then we can’t be friends.

Listening: To anything Jhene Aiko. Such great talent right there. I had Stay Ready on replay this weekend and if my earphones had legs they would have jumped out of the window to get away from it all. It was that serious!

Reading: Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man during my spare time over the weekends. Hehe, so bae...what are your long term goals?

Sleeping: Extensively during the weekends. All my weekdays usually start at about 4:00 am so by the time it’s Friday, I have sleep back log like you wouldn’t believe. Sleep is the kind of thing you turn down for. Sorry Lil Jon!

Hoping: That the braids didn’t do irreversible damage to my hair. I had them during this past month despite the fact that I had sworn not to do that to my locks this year because the strain causes considerable breakage at the hairline. But I had so much growth people and it wasn’t time for the relaxer yet. And I couldn’t continue combing it ‘cause it was bound to break especially because of the rain and cold! Aaargh, such a catch 22 situation!

Downloading: Anything. The WiFi is extremely fast.

Tired: Of the traffic jam, especially the one on Ngong road in the evenings. If I could add up all the hours I spend in the bus and use them for something else, I would have a spare vacation week every month! It’s too crazy!

Playing: Candy Crush whenever I’m stuck in the traffic mentioned above. Currently stuck at level 117. There are funny looking bricks, spring like thingys, infectious chocolate and 3 ingredients to be brought with just 40 moves. W.T.H?

Buying: Handbags and eyeing some high heels. Could this be it you guys? Am I finally embracing my feminine inside?

Not Regretting: Eating fries for lunch on a daily basis. Ok, almost on a daily basis. In my defense, they are so good. So so good. Help me…

Commemorating: Our one year anniversary since being chosen as GSAs. {Read here}

Marveling: At how long this post is and praying that you read it to the end :)

Meeting: My colleagues in the next couple of minutes for a conference of some sort. Therefore, that will be my cue to end this post here.

Thanking: Ya’ll for taking your time to read through this post!
Wishing: Everyone a lovely Tuesday :)


#HappyDays

No comments:

Post a Comment