Monday, April 28, 2014

Just Checking In

I think there is no greater feeling for a scholar than the feeling of finishing the end of semester examinations. It is such an exciting emotion! I couldn’t stop myself from grinning from ear to ear when I finally handed in my last paper. The thought going through my head was just “I need to sleep!” Oh that and also the fact that I need to feed and gain back some of the ‘merchandise’ I lost because of pulling early mornings and late nights with little or no time for meals on most days. {I used merchandise because I wasn’t sure I was allowed to
say derrière (fr) over the internet! LOL!}


And because of my school work, I have really slacked on my writing this month but hopefully I can change that because I’m going for my holiday at long last. Yeey! So I thought I should put up a post just to let you know what I am up to and from your comments, I can also find out how you are faring on as well. I got the idea of how to write this particular one from reading another blog online. Hehe, I hope I am able to present it as well as I saw it.


Upcoming Events : I attended the Girls in ICT Day at +iHub on Saturday. The event was being hosted by +AkiraChix Kenya and it was such a good IT eye opener especially for young women. Where were such events when I was in high school?? From that event, I learned of an upcoming Hackathon. I will be sharing those details with you hopefully within the course of the week. Apart from that, also the G|Days Kenya {See Here} is drawing close. I hope you are super psyched for it


Reading : I am not much of a reader except for those huge Harry Potter books. How did I even manage that? Especially seeing how the basic high school set books were such a huge struggle??  However, +Napoleon Hill ‘Think and Grow Rich’ is not so bad. There are some good insights in that book. It definitely gets you thinking about the direction your life is taking. #GoodRead


Studying For : Well, as much as my semester is over and I did my exams, I realized that learning still isn’t. I will be taking a couple of online exams which I have been putting off for the longest time. But now I think I am in a good position to dedicate a few hours to study and take the tests. Fingers crossed!


Projects : I have an idea for my personal project which with any luck I will start in the next month or so. I haven’t fully cultivated it in my head yet so I don’t have details to dish. On the other hand, I still have the Technovation Challenge to finish up. I have been stuck on some functionality with the app and before I lose all hope, I will try and work on it some more #Sigh


Watching : The Mindy Project. I find it very hilarious! I got my hard disk fully loaded with stuff to watch before I left school. And I am sorted for the next week before I start the whole ‘employment’ business!

Listening To : Easy to Love by Bucie and Heavy-K. I have a huge appreciation for African music. I downloaded it pretty recently. It is of South African House Music decent. And I just love it! I have had it on replay since then, so much that I even learnt some Zulu! Plus, it has a very nice message and it reminds me of someone very special to me.


Feeding On : A lot of cake! I am addicted and I am not ashamed to admit that! Especially the really creamy ones, you feeling me? I could murder someone over such. They have just the right amount of calories and sugar that I need for my project derrière! Hehe, I know I’m not leaving a healthy lifestyle but YOLO \0/


Playing : With my dog Lionella Messi  {Yes, we named her after the famous footballer! Don’t look at me like that} I had missed her so much. She’s really grown. Just the other day she was a little shy pup! And right now she can push me to the other side of the yard and be like ‘Whaaat!’ That is outdoors, but in doors I will be flappy birding! Somebody’s gotta do it, might as well be me.

Lastly (And Very Importantly) : Make time for my loved ones, friends and family. They are the ones responsible for all the little joys and pleasures that no money can buy. they are the support system everyone needs. They got your back! Sharing, Loving and Laughter!


There is so much going on with me, I think this post doesn’t even cover it! But I really hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for your audience.

Remember to apply for GSA if you are interested. {Read Here for more deets}
The deadline is somewhere in May, but the earlier the better.
Keep it Googley guys!

Have a lovely evening.

#HappyDays

No comments:

Post a Comment