Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What I Love About You

Hello guys! How are ya’ll doing? Missed me? Ok…it was worth a shot anyway. Hehe! I thought I should pop by before the month ends and do one more post for the road. I got some good news people! Google would like to make you a Certified in Online Basics. And I will be doing a post about that sometime soon. So just stay reading so that the good stuff doesn’t pass you by :)

I got more good news (I am full of them today, aren’t I?) hehe. My sister (the younger twin), the one I talked about in this post here has moved back to Nairobi! Yeey! Oh my, come to think about it, this is good news and bad news. Why bad, you may ask. Because this means that I will now be permanently relegated to my third wheel status when it comes to hanging out with my sisters. I could handle it when she visited for a couple of days at a time but now so help me…

Pretty much what I wear :)

However, looking at the good side of that is we can now see her often. But apart from that, of all of the three girls myself included, this particular sister of mine is the one who is more in tune with her feminine inside! She is the one with the highest number of handbags, heels and dresses. Heck, she needs a room for her shoes! The other twin comes a close second while I am the one who just gets by. LOL, you know, throw in a pair of Ol’ schools, a tech tee and jeans and I am good to go. However, I do try on the hair and ‘make-up’ bit. They say the fact that I do IT may have messed with my brain somehow. So it is her hope that because she has moved closer home, some of her glitz and glamour would rub off on me.

Over the weekend, we decided to celebrate her homecoming by cooking for her one of her favorite meals…Chapattis! It was me, my other sister (the older twin) and my mum in the kitchen. Everyone had their bit to do so that we could work faster. We were also listening to some nice rock music as is the norm when we are in the kitchen. But you know this part would be narrated differently by my mum because according to her, we were listening to noise and illuminati tingz!

Noise


and Illuminati tingz

The atmosphere in the kitchen was very hot despite the fact that we had all the windows and doors open. So my mum was getting those tiny sweat particles on her nose. According to an old saying in our tradition, when someone got sweat on their nose it meant that their mother loved them. So my sister saw this and sarcastically told my mum, “You are lucky your mother loves you because here I am with a dry nose. My mother doesn’t even care!”

In the kitchen, cooking and stuff


We all burst out in laughter! But my sister cut us short when she came to examine my nose to see if she was a loved child or I was sailing on the same boat as her. I was found with some and this got her asking my mum again, “So you love Jackie here but you would sell me down the river for a few silver coins?”

My sister's exchange rate! LOL

OK, my sister was being irrational but it was funny AF!! So my mum sought to reassure her that she loved us all. “I love you all equally. You are all my children. Sure you all have pros and cons but I will never sell anyone down the river!”

Would you believe it, that in that short love speech my mum gave all we heard was ‘pros’ and ‘cons’ haha! And my sister was like, “Hold up! Whatchu mean we got pros and CONS? Mother, tell us. So what’s my pro and what’s my con?”

By this time, my brother and my younger twin sister had already come to the kitchen to hear what my mum had to say. It is like they smelled the fact that she was in the hot seat more than they smelled the sweet aroma of the delicious chapattis and stew that we were busy cooking. LOL!!!

The kitchen was getting even hotter hehe!

“Yeah mum, tell us. One pro and one con each”, my brother chimed.

Before she spilled the beans, she made us promise not to take the ‘cons’ to heart and not to get mad because of them. She had to make us promise this because one of us has a tendency of getting mad really quickly and holding a grudge for so long. Hehe, and you are just about to find out who.

So eenie…meenie…minnie…mo! It landed on my brother. He goes first!

What she loves about my brother is the fact that he is kind. We all agreed. You see, my bro is the type of guy who will help someone because he needs help and not because he deserves it. He is too kind sometimes. And we always tell him, people could take advantage of his kindness. The world is cruel! While we were growing up, he would just let my sisters and I have our way even if it was at his expense. He just stepped aside for us. Drum rolls for is con….he is a procrastinator! *And the crowd went wild* I remember there was a time we told him to fix the light bulb in the store, it took him sooo many weeks to do it that when it was finally done, that room looked different as if it had undergone evolution! I am sure if we looked closely enough we could have found some remains of the Neanderthal man and his tools!

The neanderthal man we found in the store


Next up…lucky me!!

What she loves about me is the way I love her and I am not afraid to show it. This is true! Me loves my mother so much. I am without a doubt a mommy’s girl. Not seeing her for a week is too long for me. That is why I would always make a point to go home every weekend. When she has to travel outside the city for a couple of weeks I always feel like I should tag along. A long time ago she used to think it was just detachment issues commonly associated with last borns and I would grow out of it but here we are hehe! My con shouldn’t come as a surprise to any of you and it is…I am too loud! Pwahahaha!!!

She said, “Why wouldn’t you let me watch the news in peace? You are always talking! You wake me up in the morning; you wake me up in the middle of the night! You sing in the shower so loudly! Always with your blah blah and your ga ga ga! What is wrong witchu??”

“But mum, I was born this way” (LOL, If you didn’t see what I just did there, please slowly leave the building à EXIT)

Next in line….the older twin!

What she loves about her is the way she is generous. And we all concurred 100 per cent. She is the type to lend you whatever you need, money or otherwise. Take me for example, she bought me a birthday present all the way in June and despite the fact that it was an expensive gift, she still bought me another one for my real birthday in September. Of all of my siblings, she is the one who is willing to chip into my ‘buy Jackie an Android phone’ kitty hehe. She also helps my mum out a lot.

Now wait for it….she is the type of person to get mad at the drop of a hat and hold a grudge for an eternity! LMAO! And this, my people is hella true! Just a couple of weeks ago, her and my mum were in a cold war! And she can never apologize first, even just for the sake of restoring order. They used to use me to communicate with each other. Sacrificing me like a pawn in chess.

The sacrifice!!!


My sister be like, “Tell your mother that….”
“But can't you just tell her yourself, she is in the other room? o__O”
“I said, tell your mother…”

How they got to talking again after that, only God knows!

And last up, the younger twin. This is gonna be good haha! *rubs hands like birdman*

What she loves about her is the fact that she forgets easily. Not forgetting to do something, but forgetting something like how you upset her or how you were mean to her. She moves on quickly and puts it in the past. And after that it is a clean slate. A couple of years ago, me and her were in a bad brawl but when I needed her, she put the whole fiasco behind her. She has the attitude of a child and she smiles easily.

The part you have all been waiting for…she is self-centered! Haha, notice how one sisters pro is the other sisters con??? This sister of mine is the type to never let you have the last remaining piece of pizza. She is the kind who would finish eating her stuff and start eating yours. The phrase ‘who ate my…’ became a rhetorical question in our house. She is the type to buy for herself something that you saw and liked first and couldn’t buy it at that time but promised you would come for it later. She is the type to buy a whole truck load of stuff for herself but claim she couldn’t find anything you would like except a purple handkerchief.

Shop-a-holic


And there you have it. The results are in! Of course there were some people who claimed to have their accounts hacked and demanded a re-election but at the end of the day it was my mum’s final and unbiased word against theirs. 

And the truth is, she does love us all…equally :)

Group hug


Thank you once again for reading. I do hope you have enjoyed this piece even if it was a bit on the lengthy side. It’s a little sneak peak of my lovely family, the pros and the cons haha. Feel free to also tell me something that they love about you!

Happy Halloween


Have a lovely hump day and for the Halloween believers out there, have a nice time trick or treating.


#happydays

No comments:

Post a Comment