Friday, May 16, 2014

AdCamp {Google Opportunities}

Those ‘Aaargh’ moments when you come across an amazing opportunity that you know (deep down in your gut) you would have sailed through but for one reason or another you fall short of a requirement! Anyone ever experienced such? Kinda like how I would make an awesome runway model but apparently my being 5 ft. 2 won’t let me prosper? No? LOL!


Well, the Google AdCamp is one such opportunity for me. As much as I would have loved to take part in it, currently serving as a GSA automatically makes me illegible to participate. Bummer! Would have really loved to go to Dublin or Poland! And the fact that it would have landed on my birthday only makes my pouting worse! Darn.

Anyway, my moping aside, maybe you will have better luck at it than me. 
So I say…why not give it a go. It never hurts to try! 
That’s ALWAYS the motto.



Google AdCamp is a platform where university students share in the magic of online advertising which is at the core of Google’s business. Up to 70 students will be selected to participate in the AdCamp experience at one of Google’s offices in an all-expenses paid trip. This is a wonderful chance to meet Googlers, participate in social activities and competitions and get an inside look into helping small and medium businesses thrive. Oh, and for people like me, it is a superb opportunity to finally board a plane…yeah, I know!


So, in order to be eligible for this, students must:
  •  Be enrolled in a 4 year BA/BS program
  •  Be a current undergraduate student {Note current graduation year}
  •  Demonstrate academic excellence and an interest in online advertising
  • Students who have participated in another Google program (AdCamp 2013, BOLD, GSA, Google Internships) are not eligible to apply
  • Valid passport or national ID


Content from here 
Make sure to visit the site for more details.


For Europe, Middle-east and Africa {EMEA}, the AdCamp location will be in Google’s European Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland or Google Poland in Wroclaw from September 17th to 19th, 2014. Apply using this form before May 31st, 2014.
All the best!

Doing Cool Things That Matter


#HappyDays



No comments:

Post a Comment