Friday, October 18, 2013

Double Whammy

*Walks over to BlogSpot and starts typing, hehe* Hello people! How was your week? Well, mine was somewhat disappointing. In my last post I was so excited about the unveiling of the new Android OS (KitKat) but it seems Google decided to pull a fast one on us. But anyway, it is alright. We will live! However, I hope they are planning to do it soon, perhaps by Halloween. Because let’s face it, we are not getting any younger!

LOL, speaking of not getting any younger, tomorrow is my sisters’ birthday! And they are gonna kill me when they see how I started that sentence. And yes, I am talking in plural because they are twins. It’s a double whammy! That means double shopping, double stress and double pressure.




The worst part is, I don’t have a clue what to get them. Aaargh! That’s why I am here ya’ll. I need some help. I got like a few hours left to figure this out. So, any ideas?? Somebody? Anybody?

When they were younger, it was easier to shop for their birthday especially for my parents. They used to just buy two similar dresses or two identical pair of shoes. Ok, in short, they would just get two pairs of anything identical. And me on the other hand, I would just give them a handmade card, flowers or painting/drawing. I was small and practically had no money to my name, except for the occasional lunch money. Therefore, very little was expected of me.




However, so many things have changed since then. For starters, those two would rather die than be caught wearing the same outfit! Something about each developing their identity? I am no psych, so you tell me. I think the last time they wore something similar was probably when they were thirteen years. After that, they were each old enough to do their own shopping and it was evident that their styles and tastes were worlds apart.



Just like their choice of clothing, their personalities are also as different as day and night. Hehe, remember how different the cramp twins were?? One of my sisters is very outgoing, adventurous and daring while the other one is more chilled, cautious and laid back. Despite this, they are both smart, beautiful, fun, hardworking and loud (I had to say that loud part hehe. Because where these two are, be afraid. Be very afraid).



I absolutely like the relationship they have with each other. Don’t get me wrong, they do argue….a lot!! But at the end of the day, the love is evident. They were born together (just three minutes apart), they almost share the same name (this is thanks to my dad who had a ‘name dream’ a couple of days before they were born. LOL), they have grown up together and even gone to the same schools. They only parted ways when it came to where they would work and live. So when they meet up, they usually have so much to talk about. They have a lot in common, friends and experiences. When I hang out with them at such times, I normally feel like the third wheel. Completely, left out!! (If you didn’t say awww at this point, I think we are done!) Hehe.


Regardless of that, I think it’s a wonderful thing to have a twin. It would have nice to have two of me hehe. But sadly, we can’t choose that for ourselves. However, Science can explain a lot. Pardon me; I forgot to mention this part. My twin sisters are not identical. They are fraternal. And this is…wait for it…genetic! Yes, my family has seen a number of multiple births. I have cousins and aunts who are/have fraternal twins. So I am hoping even if I was not a twin, I might get some. And they can have a relationship like that between my sisters.



Right now I am waiting for the clock to strike 5:00 pm so that I can be on my way to shop for some gifts. I do hope I will get something nice and sweet, just like them! Nice enough for them to feel the need to buy me a gift for buying them a gift. It’s the middle of the month, but I had kept something aside for this occasion :)


The rendezvous will be at home tomorrow. My sister who lives in Mombasa will be joining us. I can’t wait to see her! And I hope there will be cake, yeey! So, here is to my sisters. May ya’ll be blessed with peace, love and light in your New Year.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It is going to be a long weekend with the Mashujaa (KE) Holiday spilling over to Monday. So I hope you will all have fun and enjoy yourselves responsibly.


#happydays

No comments:

Post a Comment