Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Of Fast Wi-Fi And Decent Coffee

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to forgo the luxury of a decent cup of coffee just because the café in question had one of the best Wi-Fi connections in town? I have! The converse is also true because sometimes your body just craves the taste of an excellent latte or cappuccino but as much as the said drinks tantalize your senses and leave you with afterthoughts of ordering ten more liters, the management of that particular joint probably never heard of an ISP.

Image Source

A research was actually done about it and it turned out that when people go out to coffee shops, they look for free and fast Wi-Fi and overlook the actual taste of the coffee that the shop offers! I don’t blame them. I totally get frustrated by slow internet! And on that note, you should see me now. Aaargh!

However, whenever these two components perfectly come together, expect the majority of the crowd to be made up of developers, business men in various meetings, the guy who always torrents movies (We all know one and if you don’t, it’s probably you!) or even the internet addicts (Always on Facebook, Google +, Instagram and Twitter).

I think I have gone through all those phases. Hehe, because I remember a couple of years ago, before I had discovered most of the ‘intellectual’ things I know now, I used to joke with my friends that one day we borrow some MacBooks (MacBooks just had the swag) and go to a nearby coffee shop to download some movies and browse the social media pages as we pretended to be in a very serious meeting. The struggle was real, yo! Well…that vision never came to pass but now whenever I am in such a place, you can trust that I am doing something constructive.

I am now delving into what I believe could be one of the longest 6 months of my adult life because of projects and deadlines. And now more than ever, a fast Wi-Fi connection and a decent cup of coffee are the only two basic needs that I desire at the moment. But just like the majority of the population researched, I would forgo the coffee for the internet. Such is life. Opportunity costs and things! And when all is said and done, I will be investing in a good coffee maker! Suggestions?


Thank you guys for reading! Have a lovely day.


#HappyDays

No comments:

Post a Comment