Friday, September 20, 2013

18 Till I Die

Hello folks. I hope you are doing well. I am fabulous!! A lot of my joy could be credited to this Wednesday’s events. That is because it was…drumrolls please…My Birthday!

Happy Birthday!!!

So I turned 18 years…again! Ha-ha. I have lost count how many times I have turned this age but just between me and you, I am still young! It’s not that I am refusing to disclose my age. Heck, many of you already know it. But I use that term ’18 till I die’ because I came to understand one thing. Even if you are growing old, it is very important to stay young. Leave the stresses behind because at the end of the day all the things that seem so important, in reality they really aren’t. Hence, taking life one step at a time the way a teenager would is actually a good thing. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying one should be irresponsible. Just that one needs to prioritize once in a while. If you do this, you will enjoy life more.


This was me...a couple of years ago.
Don't you dare ask me  the 'what happened?' question :)

On this particular day, my bff +wanjiru wainaina (you know her by now) came up with a random idea and we decided to have a couple of friends over to enjoy the day/night with us. One word to describe it…Awesome. We got to laugh shamelessly and dance crazily. We were up all night for good fun. She bought me a huge, creamy, vanilla cake which I loved. We ate it the following day for breakfast and for lunch as well. Blame it on my sweet tooth :)

Prezzies from the family :D

Some of the events of the night did not go as planned though. We got lost at some point (or rather Naina got lost. I used ‘we’ for moral support), we got locked outside and we had to eat supper on the road (second time doing that...+wanjiru wainaina remember the pizza incident?), also one of my shoes snapped and I had to walk barefoot on the wet streets as it had rained earlier on. But all in all, they added to the thrill as now I have a twist to the story every time I tell it.

Musica for le soul. Murphy's flaw album \o/

Thank you to all the friends who made my day fun and memorable. To the ones who were physically present at the party and even those who just took their time to send me a little message on social media (twitter and Google Plus) despite not knowing me personally.

I likey what is peeping from ze card :)

After my hiatus with my pals, I got home to a special family dinner in honor of my birthday. Sadly for me, my big day also doubles up as the anniversary of my grandpa’s death. At times I feel like people in the house are usually sad on this day but they try to pull it together for my sake as it is not my fault to have these two events collide. That is why I preferred for my family to commemorate my birthday the following day. I understood them. They were happy for me, they always are. And there were even a few presents here and there. So cheers to my family as well. With such love, what more could a girl ask for.


Sugar, spice and EVERYTHING NICE


Lord knows i needed a new wallet

Sorry there were no pics of the actual day in the post despite having some really memorable moments. This is because I do not think there was anyone who was stable enough to see straight through the lens of a camera hehe. And the cake/food was all gone by the time we could take a photo :(

The model and the author. Tihihihihihi
Some of the memorable songs in the playlist (note the ‘young’ part):
  • We are young - Fun
  • Forever young - Jay Z
  • Die young - Ke$ha
  • Here’s to never growing up - Avril Lavigne


Here is to the good Lord, good family, good food, good music, good kush hehe and the good friends that come together wonderfully for my cause and made it a good night. September 18th 2013 will be a part of me for a long time. So thank ya’ll.

Have a lovely Friday :)
#happydays




No comments:

Post a Comment