Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy New Year {Post #100}

Its 2015 folks!! Wow! So before I go any further, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Happy New Year. I know I am bit late to this party but seeing that we haven’t conversed in a couple of weeks, I think I am allowed. Yes? Plus, people will still be on this vibe up to say…February so I’ll take comfort in knowing I am still in the acceptable time frame.


So how have you been guys? How were your holidays? Mine were awesome albeit short! I went home with a mission to overindulge in meat and cakes and all other sorts of unhealthy bitings and feel no remorse…and I am happy to announce that I did just that, LOL!

I had planned to roll out a couple of posts during that time but my ISP failed me. Maybe the fact that I live so far from the Nairobi CBD had something to do with my low internet connectivity, because I couldn’t even load a single page you guys! Anyway, I took that as a sign to step away from all this technology and interact with my family and real life friends a bit more and I so am glad I did. There is no greater blessing than that of being in the company of loved ones.

Despite vowing not to make any New Year’s resolutions this time round since these ones did not work out so well, reducing the time I spend on my gadgets and the internet this year is something I wish to accomplish. There is so much beauty in the world and if only we lift our heads from these mobile phones we will begin to see them. Kinda like my little niece who is almost turning 2! How time flies! She could care less for technology. I tried to get her to play Fruit Ninja (Don’t look at me like that! I needed to distract her) but she couldn’t care less. All she wanted to do was chase around chicken and play with sticks, paper bags and marbles. We can learn so much from this little chicca!

This post marks the hundredth post of the ‘That’s So Jackie’ blog and I couldn’t be more excited! I would have reached this number way back in last year internet connectivity and time which are the most critical factors were not in my favor. But we are here regardless, so no worries!

I already have a couple of posts lined up waiting for the opportune time to be put up so stay tuned and watch out for them. +She Leads Africa contacted me on an upcoming event and that only means there are more exciting opportunities to do cool things that matter! I will share with you the details of that in the subsequent posts.

I am looking forward to a great 2015 (Yo, I wrote 2014. My brain needs to focus!). Awesome things are in the wings for both you and me!

Thank you for reading guys.
Have yourselves a lovely afternoon :)

#HappyDays

No comments:

Post a Comment