Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Google I/O Extended Viewing Parties

Hey everyone! As you all know by, the 7th edition of the Google I/O is around the corner.  {And if you didn’t, I don’t know which hole you live in but well…now you do, hehe!}. It will be kicking off on June 25th, 2014 and run through to June 26th, 2014 in San Francisco, Moscone Centre.


What is Google I/O?
Every year, Google hosts a technology conference that aims at sharing new product ideas, platform innovations and interactive experiences with the masses. Google Input/Output features highly technical, in-depth sessions focused on building web, mobile, and enterprise applications with Google and open web technologies such as Android, Chrome, Google APIs, App Engine and much more.

Google I/O 2013

What to expect this year?
Well…there have been talks about Android 5 which many people are looking forward to, an 8-inch Nexus tablet, a chromecast update, probably something on Google Glass 2 and wearable technology.


If you will be able to attend this event in person, you are a lucky one! However, if you will not be doing so, either by choice or otherwise, you can follow the live event by streaming online or by attending an I/O extended party with like-minded people like most of us will be doing {kinda like this World Cup 2014 thingy!}. Hence, if you want to know if there will be one near you, you can either hit me up or if you know a GDG near you, you can contact them.


But as far as Kenya goes, there will be a viewing party the Nairobi Start-Up Garage {+88mph Accelerator}  courtesy of +GDG Nairobi. The contacts here are +Anthony Nandaa and +Mercy Orangi+GDG Mombasa will hold the same at the Royal Court Hotel Mombasa. The leads here are +Said Fuad and +Alifiyah Ganijee. +GDG Kisumu will also have a viewing party at Maseno University and the contact here is one +Njira Perci. So in case you want some clarification, those are your go to peeps. Other known parties will be at Baraton University cc. +Cliff Ombiru and possibly JKUAT University cc. +Chintan Gohel.  


If you are in the area there is no reason to miss out. But if you aren’t, well…there is always the internet where you can stream live. I know a lot of rumors have been going around thus in a couple of days, all of them will be laid to rest. And I can’t wait! I will be either at the Start-Up Garage or at +iHub streaming live. All this depends on how my schedule will be for those particular days. But what I know for sure, is I am gon be there! LOL! And I hope to see you there as well!


Always doing cool things that matter!
Have a lovely Wednesday :)


#HappyDays

No comments:

Post a Comment